QuickBooks Error is a message that occurs when you attempt to open a file for a company that is not on your computer. This error can also occur if the QuickBooks Company File requires additional configuration. This error is part of the Series Errors H101, H202, and H303 that relate to Hosting Settings.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code H101
If Multi-user hosting is not working properly, QuickBooks Error H101 will occur. The error happens when the user attempts to access the company file from another computer that has not been properly set up and installed QuickBooks. This causes QuickBooks Error Code H101.
- Broken or incorrect.ND files prevent Quickbooks Desktop files from opening over the network
- QuickBooks Services, such as QuickBooksDBXX and QBFCMonitor, are not activated on the PC. These services can also prevent errors H101 or other problems.
- Incorrect settings of the Hosting configuration can block communication between QuickBooks and the corporate file.
There are many other factors that can lead to QuickBooks Error H101. These are listed below:
Incorrect/Damaged.ND file – This configuration file allows QuickBooks access to an organization’s file via a network. QB Desktop cannot access files on the network if the.ND file is corrupted or broken.
QuickBooks Services Not Initiated – QuickBooks Services such as QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor Services Run and resolve multiple issues on their own. Once activated, these services can help prevent many errors.
Couldn’t get the IP Address of the Host Computer. You can use a unique address to obtain the IP address using QuickBooks Information Server Manager.
Incorrect Hosting Configuration Settings – Make sure that hosting is turned on wherever files are stored. Error code H101 can be caused by incorrect hosting configuration settings
Improper/Incorrect QuickBooks Firewall Settings – Incorrect QuickBooks Firewall Settings obstruct incoming/outgoing communications to the corporate file.
Incorrect DNS Settings – An unorganized DNS configuration in the workstation area could cause a QuickBooks h101 error.
Symptoms for QuickBooks Error Code H101
The following are common symptoms of QuickBooks Error H101:
- An error occurs in QuickBooks H101 and causes the active program window to crash.
- When running the same program, the laptop crashes often
- The screen displays the error code H101 for QuickBooks
- Windows functions slow and responds slowly to inputs from the keyboard or mouse.
- Computers freeze periodically for several seconds at a time
These errors can be caused by Intuit Inc. software programs running while the program is being installed, Windows startup, shutdown, or during installation of the Windows operating systems.
Solutions to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks H101 Error
Here are the solutions for troubleshooting QuickBooks H101 errors:
Solution 1: Verify Hosting
- You will need to first open QuickBooks on each computer.
- Next, select the file you wish to open and click on utilities.
- If you see Host Multiuser Access, you can move to the next computer. If HostMulti-User Access is on the list,
- there are no changes to be made.
- Select the “Stop Hosting Multiuser Access” icon.
- Finally, repeat the steps above on each system.
Solution 2 – Running the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The QuickBooks File Doctor assists in diagnosing the error. It also helps to troubleshoot QuickBooks errors. Once the program is downloaded, you can start it. The tool will then complete the task of fixing error H101.
Solution 3: Verify QuickBooks Services
- To open the run box, press the Windows Key +R button.
- Next, type services.MSc into the box and hit Enter.
- Scroll down to find the QuickBooksDBXX service in the services window.
- Next, make sure that the startup type has been set to autopilot and that the service status is active.
- Click on the Recovery tab.
- After that, click on the drop-down menu to select the first failure and choose to restart the Service.
- If it fails, you must repeat the process for any subsequent failures.
- Click ok to save the changes
- Next, repeat steps 1-6 for QBCFMonitorService.
- Final step: Open QuickBooks on all affected workstations in multi-user mode.
Solution 4 – Create a new folder for your company file
- Make a folder and share it with the host computer.
- Set windows to gain access to company files.
- Copy the “.qbw” file to the new folder.
- Finally, you can open company files in multiuser mode.
Read More: Benefits of Custom Display Boxes
These solutions can be used to fix QuickBooks Error H101. This blog will explain what QuickBooks error H101 is and provide you with various solutions to fix it.