QuickBooks is accounting software that can be used by small and medium-sized businesses. It features advanced technology and features that allow users to monitor and manage their work efficiently and reach their business goals. This innovative accounting software can sometimes make errors, which can force business owners to stop their work. QuickBooks Error Code 6190 is a frequent error reported by users.
What is QuickBooks Error code 6190?
QuickBooks Error Code 6190 refers to a technical error and should be corrected immediately in order to avoid any future problems. This error code displays the error message “QuickBooks could not open the company file on the host computer.” It means that the user cannot access the QuickBooks company file.
How do I fix QuickBooks error code 6190?
We have many options to solve this problem.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
Before you begin troubleshooting, make sure you have the most recent version of QuickBooks. You can update QuickBooks to the latest version and then fix the problem using the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Download the file QuickBooks file doctor tool here. Click here
- Install QuickBooks File Doctor on the official Intuit website.
- Run the tool by logging in as an administrator
- The system will offer two options.
- Both Connectivity and File Damage.
- Network connectivity only
- Select the first option to identify damaged files and help you fix error -6190
- When prompted, enter your administrator password.
- Next, you’ll be asked whether the company file is on Workstation or Server.
- Click “Yes” if the file is already on the server. If not, click “No”.
- Select “Proceed”
Read more: How do I troubleshoot QuickBooks error H101?
Solution 2: Fix the Mismatch
The system will display the results of the error. You should immediately detect and repair the corrupted or damaged file. If the problem persists, the next step is to fix the mismatch.
The same file system should be used for the company file. The next step is to rename the.ND or TLG files in order to fix damaged company data files.
- Locate and open the company folder.
- Look for the company file. TLG and company files will both have the same name, but different extensions.
- Change the name of your company file. You can change the name, or simply add “old” or any other information at the end. Important: Do not delete or modify extension or “qbw.nd”, which are at the end of the company file. Ex: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- You can also rename transaction logs following the instructions in the previous point.
- Click “Exit.”
- Start QuickBooks to verify that you are able to log in to your company file.
Solution 3: Single-Mode User Test
- Restart your computer.
- Copy the data file to your desktop or another location than the source.
- You can copy the data file to the original location.
- Enter credentials to log in to QuickBooks
Above are possible solutions to Error Code 6190. Intuit’s Auto Data Recovery Tool can be purchased if you still have trouble accessing QuickBooks. Our qualified experts can help you fix this or any other error in no time.
We can assist you with the best technology and edge-cutting tools. Call our QuickBooks Data Recovery Support number. Our QuickBooks Enterprise Support team is available 24 hours a day.